- Clerk's Office
- Identification Requirements
Acceptable Forms of Identification
Identification must be current, valid and readable. Proof of current address is required. Unreadable or expired identification will not be accepted.
Following is a list of acceptable forms of identification.
- 1 Valid Photo I.D.
- Illinois drivers license
- Illinois state identification card
- Out-of-state drivers license or state identification card (with one additional piece of mail that shows name and current address)
- U.S. government drivers license
- Permanent resident card
- Matricula card issued after October 2006
Other Accepted Forms of ID
2 of the Following (at least one with your current address):
- Medical/car insurance card
- Car registration paperwork
- Credit card statement
- Bank statement
- Paycheck stub with imprinted information
- Public assistance card
- Voter registration card
- Active duty military ID with issued and expiration dates
Matricula Consular Card
Matricula Consular card issued after October 2006 is acceptable on its own, however, if issued prior to October 2006, we need one additional documentation showing current address as noted above If you do have any of the items listed above, please submit a copy of a current utility bill (electricity, cellular phone, water, etc.) showing your name and current address.
Expired Driver's License
If your driver’s license is expired and you have an extension sticker on the back, you must submit a copy of both sides.
If you have an expired driver’s license that is no more than six months expired, we need ONE additional documentation showing your name and current address.
If you are currently incarcerated, you can submit a dated copy of your prison intake/offender summary sheet containing your photo. If you have been released from prison within the last six months, we will accept a copy of the release papers, along with the prison photo ID.