- Resident Resources
- Trash Collection Guidelines
*Trash Collection & Yard Waste Guidelines
Guidelines for Disposal Services for City Garbage Collection
The city’s current disposal contractor, Republic Services, begins collection on 7:00 AM on their disposal routes. The following tips will help provide optimum service to residents on the scheduled weekly route in your area:
- One bulk item allowed per garbage day. Pink tags are placed on a bulk item to indicate the item will be picked up at a later time that same day OR the tag will be checked for the specific reason the item will not be picked up. View a photo of the tags (PNG).
- Carpeting will be picked up. It Must be rolled and bound and cut into 4 foot lengths, not exceeding 14-16 inches in diameter.
- Mattresses will be picked up but must be wrapped in plastic.
- Yard waste should be placed in biodegradable bags or a yard waste tote. Yard waste totes are an economical alternative to biodegradable bags. Please call Republic Services for more information on yard totes. Click here to see samples of Republic’s stickers regarding yard totes and non-collection.
Yard Waste Guidelines - Updated May 2022 - English
Yard Waste Guidelines - Updated May 2022 - Spanish
These Items Will Not Be Picked Up for Disposal:
- Construction Debris
- Computer Monitors or Hard Drives
The following facility accepts tires for recycling. Please call the number listed below for more information.
K & S Tire Recycling
1645 State Street
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
The City of Chicago Heights Resident Services representatives will provide additional information regarding city services and are available to answer your questions or concerns. Please contact the department at 708-755-3106.